Valentine’s Day is literally around the corner and you are still racking your brain trying to figure out something new and different to do this year. Well fear not, I’ve created a list of fun, creative, intimate, last minute date ideas that you and your significant other will enjoy this year.
- For dinner, I recommend trying a food crawl!!!! A three course meal at three different restaurants: one for appetizers, another for the entree and finally a restaurant for dessert and get your favorite items! Typically people may choose to celebrate by doing a dinner at night ,which is fine, but if you want to throw a little spin on it brunch is perfectly acceptable as well!
- If you are looking to stay in this year, try a night of indoor camping. You can create your own tent or buy one, make homemade s’mores and other fun camping food snacks, swap scary stories, play a couple of card games and truly enjoy one another’s time.
- Another intimate at home date night, is cooking, why go out and spend big bucks, on an extremely crowded night, when you can spend time with each other, have some music playing softly in the background (you don’t want the music to trump the conversation that’s taking place), while you are creating one another gourmet pizza (or a meal of your choice). So grab your favorite wine, put on your favorite chef garments and create new memories.
- Date night doesn’t actually have to take place at night, especially if the weather is as beautiful as it has been here lately in Dallas. I recently spent half of the day at Kylde Warren Park, I had drinks on the patio of Savor (which were exceptional by the way), and the whole vibe was wonderful. You can work out together (Yoga possibly?) and enjoy lots of food options from the food trucks. (Not located in Dallas no problem find your local favorite park and celebrate there.
- If being active is your thing, you could possibly plan a day of some competitive sports, tennis, racquetball, basketball, volleyball, golfing, football etc, for friendly competition and a wage for the loser ( I have such a competitive spirit so this is definitely an ideal date for me)
- Speaking of friendly competition, you could do a night of old schools games like (Uno, Monopoly, Guess Who, Connect Four and my personal favorite Twister!!!!
- Create a scrap book together, first set up a picture scavenger hunt where you pick certain locations to take random pictures. Afterwards, print your pictures out and make you first Valentine’s Day scrapbook (this could possibly turn into a tradition.)
- DO IT YOURSELF Wine tasting, paired with your favorite wines and organic fruits, lay down a small picnic blanket or set your patio by recreating a country side of feel, delight in your drinks, food and of course one another.
- If you are looking for something with a sexier twist, try blind folding your partner and feeding one another exotic fruit, associated with each answer your partner will have to decide the consequence for guessing a wrong answer (this is a game full of intimacy, suspension anticipation, and most importantly passion.) Let’s be clear this is for my married couples only J
- One thing that I really adore about being in love, is the opportunity to show my partner how much I appreciate them. That their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed, so the ideal date for me is my own personal spa day. You can set up your house with candles, spa music (thank God for technology it is so easily to access), get a plastic tub, fill it up with warm water and fizzes, scrub and massage your partners feet. If you really want to go all out make chocolate covered strawberries and have their favorite glass of champagne available. This will definitely the point across that your partner is someone you value in your life!
Valentine’s Day is another day to show the people you love that they are cared for. Some of the smallest gestures go such a long way. I hope this list of last minute ideas help and I hope you all enjoy this lover’s holiday!
Remember….. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another!
Sista on the sofa