Watching social media these past few weeks, as Covid 19 has taken over our freedom to move about the way we would typically. I wanted to encourage couples to not stop investing in their relationships. A date night can and will still do wonders on your relationship. We tend to follow the same cycle day in and day out, and the added extra stress can honestly take a toll on even the greatest relationships.
Here is a list of date night ideas:
I’m a big kid at heart and I love being active here are a few active ideas that you can try :
Create a workout routine for indoor and outdoor and do some workouts together, maybe even participate in a couples workout challenge.
I suggested riding bikes as a family, but if you have no kids, no problem, you can ride bikes as a couple.
Go for a walk.
Play giant Jenga outside
Have a nerf gun or a water balloon, water gun fight.
Learn a dance together (YouTube is a great tool)
Create a sexy or romantic playlist for each other and listen to it together.
Create a couple’s signature cocktail dish and enjoy on your balcony or patio
create a passion project
Bohemian dinner for two outdoors
Document a video that you can watch later (the story of us from both of yall perspective).
Create a cuddle kit and watch your favorite movies or binge watch a new series on Netflix or Hulu together
Tired of technology turn off your phones and tv and dive into the following questions: To mix it up write the questions on note cards or a piece of paper and pick them randomly.
- What is the first thing you noticed about me?
- What role does physical attraction play in whether or not you pursue a relationship?
- What type of scent do you like on a woman?
- Would you say you have a “type”? Do I fit what you thought you were looking for?
- How do you describe me to other people?
- How do you think I should describe you to other people?
- What could I do for you that I don’t do now?
- What is the first thing you think when you see me?
- What qualities make me special to you?
- Do you look at other men (women)?
- If you could have three wishes from me, what would they be?
- What goals do you have for us as a couple?
- What was the first thing you thought when you met me?
- How would you respond if my appearance drastically changed, either overnight (new haircut and different hair color, for example) or over time (more/less muscle, weight gain/loss)?
- What is something you think is true about me, but you’ve never asked to confirm?
- How big of a deal are special occasions for you?
Questions about love
- What can I do to show you how much I love you?
- Do you believe in soul mates? What about love at first sight?
- Have you ever been hurt in the past and questioned the possibility of love?
- When did you realize you were in love with me?
- Do you see our love lasting? Do you ever have any doubts?
- If you had to choose, would you rather receive a gift or have someone do something nice or helpful for you?
- Do you like sentimental gifts, or do you always want a gift to have a practical purpose and be something you need?
- How do you think you best express love?
- What types of compliments do you enjoy hearing?
Questions about Intimacy
- Is our relationship physical enough for you? What would make it better from your perspective?
- How and where do you like to be touched?
- Do you have any fantasies you would like fulfilled?
- Is there anything we haven’t tried that you’d like to?
- Ideally (and a bit realistically, too), how often would you like for us to be intimate?
- What are some things I can do outside of the bedroom to promote intimacy or encourage you to get in the mood?
What date ideas have you already tried that are your favorite? Happy connecting!
Your Sista on the Sofa,