Hey, I wanted to check in with everyone, I know this Covid-19 has been crazy. Schools are out, people are working remotely, and some people are unfortunately out of work. I wanted to share something that has been helpful for me since I was a teenager. Writing and journaling has always been therapeutic for me. Sitting in our thoughts especially during isolation can be dangerous, that is usually the first place the enemy attacks. Journaling can instantly affect your mood, stress levels and depressive symptoms.
Remember your journal post don’t have to be long and you can write it however you choose. Since we have been quarantined, I’ve been writing my own personal experiences. I don’t usually use writing prompts, but I found these on the internet and thought they were great questions to bring forth gratitude and self-reflection. I hope you enjoy
- What do you like/love about yourself? (Name 10 things)
- Share something you struggle with/ want to overcome?
- What have you overcome in the past? How has that helped you/made you stronger?
- What do you want to improve on?
- Name 10 things you love right now.
- What are you grateful for? Blessed With?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What’s your favorite memory? Describe that fondest moment. List reasons why/ what made it so great. Was there anyone with you?
- What are your favorite songs ever or at the moment? Make a playlist.
- Favorite Quotes? Inspirational Quotes? Positive Quotes? Funny Quotes? Write them down and read over them every morning
- Favorite Books/ Stories? What do you like about it? Favorite passages or quotes from it?
- Name hidden talents no one knows about you. Or list your overall positive qualities about yourself.
- What have you found funny lately? What makes you laugh?
- Where do you want to go? Where do you want to travel? Name 5 Places.
- Who inspires you/ What qualities do you look for in a person who does?
- If you could do one thing right now, what would it be?
- What makes you happy?
- Name one thing that made you laugh out loud?
- What do you do to relax? What can you do to relax?
- What’s one bad thing/habit you want to cut out your life?
- What are your dreams/goals at the moment?
- Good pick me up songs.
- What steps do you want to take to reach your goals/dreams? How are you planning to do that?
- Your fears/anxiety/or things that stress you out? How are you going to overcome that?
- Write something you forgive yourself for.
- Do you have someone special in your life? Someone you cherish or love? Write a short passage about them. The qualities you like about that person or write a letter to them.
- List things that make you smile?
- Highs and lows of the day/month, year?
- What are some struggles you face with your mental health? What are ways to soothe/ease your it?
- What do you want to explore? What are your hobbies?
- Ways to make time for yourself. What do you like doing?
- How do you feel at the moment?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- What are the positives in your life? What can you do to become more positive?
- Do you have a support system? If not, how do you build that support system for yourself?
Dear God, I wanted to pray for anyone who is feeling out of control, worried or anxious. I pray that you give them peace in their spirits and allow the right people to cross their paths. As we continue to move forward allow us to trust you, to learn how to make time for you and show gratitude daily despite our current situation. I pray that the journal entries will help encourage them and remove any anxiety that they are currently dealing with. It is in your name we trust amen.
Your Sista on the Sofa,