2020 has been a crazy year thus far. As we have transitioned back into our kids going to school and balancing teaching them virtually, we may be experiencing a lot of stress. On top of working, our everyday responsibilities and honestly the grief that we all have experienced this year.
I thought it would be a good break to spread some love. We are dealing with so much and it always feels good when we pour back into our loved ones. This post is all about filling up our loved one’s love tanks with small sweet love gestures or what I like to call love tokens.
I’ll be honest I am romantic at heart and I believe in everyday or much as possible showing my man I love him. Here are a few things that I recommend doing for Him:
- As I stated life has been the easiest right now one of the sweetest yet simple things you can do for your man is give him a soothing and romantic massage.is what your man needs after having a restless day. You can make him feel relaxed and comfortable by giving a good body massage whenever he feels exhausted. This is an easy reminder to show that you care about him and his mental and physical well-being.
- If you usually prepare his lunch for the day, add little notes in his lunch bag telling him why you love him and to add anticipation for when he returns home, leave something sexy in there. Depending on how comfortable you are and how far you go is up to you but do something! If you are both working from home, cook his favorite lunch item or leave the house to enjoy lunch at your favorite restaurant. It is always nice to connect over good food and drinks.
- Tell him what you admire about him before he leaves out the door. When he returns greet him with a kiss or a hug .
- Grab his favorite snack and let him know you were thinking about him.
- Rub him dry when he gets out of the shower–and put some moisturizer cream on him. Towel dry for him and tell him you just love how he looks and smells. And as you prepare for the next day of work, prepare his clothes and have them laid out for him, so he doesn’t have to worry about prep time in the morning.
- Get dressed up in the upcoming week, wear your hair the way he loves and his favorite outfit, have dinner in bed and rub his head while you watch a movie.
- Finally and the most important Pray for him while you’re lying in bed–out loud. Reach out, put your arm on his, and say a sentence-or-two prayer. I find myself praying now more than ever for the men that I love because not only is life is short, I understand the power of that type of covering. This level of intimacy is a moment and a chance evry night honestly that where he can release his anger and frustration, and understands that you have him.
Ladies I didn’t forget about us
Men: Instead of just asking her where she wants to go for dinner — because you know that she loves when you put in the effort and take charge. Women are always planning and taking care of things around us so it feels good when for us to kick our feet up and just show up. If you need help, ask her randomly are there any places shes been wanting to try and pick one. Trust me she will appreciate it!
If she has had a long week and has expressed it to you instead of going out try this . When she’s on her way home from a big day at work, text her to be like “I’m ordering takeout from [insert her favorite place here] and opening a bottle of wine. What would you like?” This is thoughtful and it removes some of the heavy pressure we have been feeling also.
I don’t know about other women, but if you offer to help me with one thing on my weekend to-do list if when you see I’m overwhelmed, that is a game changer. Especially right now, I will love on you forever!
Buy her something that she loves, if you know she’s been eyeing a new purse, some shades, basic loungewear or even her favorite snack that will go a long way, it shows you pay attention.
Rub her back, while yall watch one of her favorite tv shows.
Treat her to a selfcare day : surprise her with cash app to tell her to get her nails or feet done, lashes whatever she likes.
Finally at night after the prayer kiss her and tell her why you love her, those words matter.
We can’t forget the kiddos:
Leave them notes in their room telling them why you love them.
If they are going to school in person, decorate the car to make them feel special as well.
On Friday, order them heart shaped pizza
Play their favorite game, watch tik toks with them, listen to their favorite song or just watch their favorite movie, this activity is to show them that you are interested in what they are interested in.
Get creative and make them a fun breakfast to start their day.
Create a blessing jar and inside have all the reasons why it is a blessing that they are in your life.
I wrote this blog as a reminder that it is important to grow in love daily. Doing these small love tokens, is something that will strengthen your home. I’ll leave you all with this “Never pass up the chance to say, ‘I love you’, because tomorrow is not promised.” Love on your people today and as always happy dating.
Your Sista on the Sofa,