I’m back this week with one of my favorite things to write about…. date night.
Some of yall may be thinking to yourself Kendal? What is your obsession with date nights?
I’ll let the stats speak for themselves.
Couples who dedicated at least one time each week just to each other were 3.5 times more likely to report being “very happy.”
The predicted probability of divorce dropped by 11 percent for husbands, and seven percent for wives when the couple allowed time for date night.
Couples were also 3.5 more likely to report above average sexual satisfaction and more frequent sexual interaction.
Effective and higher levels of communication, and 2.5 times stronger feelings of “commitment” to the relationship.
In addition to these stats my own relationships thrive because I regularly incorporate date nights with my daughter, my family and my friends. Date nights are investments and we know what happens when we slack off in our finances…you are constantly pulling from somewhere else to try to make up the deficit I don’t want this to be the case for your relationships.
So, let’s get into these spring date ideas for 2021!
1.Right now, the weather is so nice. So, my number one recommendation is to rent a boat (get my boat app is perfect) and plan a lake day. Pack some light snacks like mini sandwiches and your favorite cold finger foods, some wine, create your favorite playlist….and let your captain take you on the perfect excursion on the lake or the beach depending on where you live.
2. Again the weather is so nice during this time, another great way to get out and soak in some vitamin d, is visiting the botanical garden and going to your favorite rooftop restaurant afterwards. I don’t know about you all, but my favorite thing to do is to soak up the small things that God created so beautifully, it really does bring me tremendous joy. So, I encourage my readers and clients to bask in those small moments as well. See the shift that it causes in not only you but your relationship.
3. This next one is for my music lovers. Visit an outside concert. I know we are transitioning back into “normal events” post covid. If you are anything like me, then you have missed going to concerts or musical festivals. I recommend searching for some in your area or taking a trip to one close by. Rolling Loud is coming back to Miami and I have to be there. I loved connecting with loved ones over music, so concerts are highly recommended on my list.
4. Find a new recipe online and make it a date day by visiting your local farmer’s market to pick out the freshest ingredients. You can make it even more fun by adding some couple questions in while walking around. You know Covid taught me that it is never too late to get to know your spouse. I deepened a connection that I didn’t think could get any deeper by being intentional in this way. So, I highly recommend it, come home put some soft music in the background and create a masterpiece.
5. What is a date without a little competition. Rather it is a basketball date, tennis or even top golf, get out and compete. It is always fun to put a wager on your competition to spice things up.
6. Spring is more of the time to plan a date day than a date night. And a perfect day date is an energizing hike. Like a botanical garden, spring is often the best time to visit a nature trail. Spring weather won’t be too warm to get a good outdoor workout, and nature trails are usually designed to be far less difficult than a typical hike. Plus, you’ll get to see the local wildlife and blooming spring flowers, giving you a great opportunity to take photos! Usually after walking a nature trail we stop and sit and just enjoy the scenery and each other’s company.
7. Like nature walks, a bike ride can be your chance to explore the great outdoors and get a good workout without expending too much energy. You can go on a trail and enjoy nature or take a tour of your city together. If you don’t have a bike, many areas have hourly or by the day rentals for a surprisingly low amount.
8. Visit wildlife rather it is a zoo, the drive thru safari’s, horse back riding or an elephant sanctuary. Soak up the nice weather and enjoy some of God’s other creations. This date idea of course is one that is good for a family event.
9. Speaking of family date ideas. I recommend creating a movie night right in your backyard. There are so many ways to make this fun and to be creative. It’s actually surprisingly easy to rent projectors or an outdoor screen. Select from a new movie or if you are anything like me you love classic films. Whatever you choose this is always a memorable date night.
10. One idea that I have been dying to implement is a couples group bohemian theme dinner night. I believe I saw Ayesha Curry do it and instantly fell in love. Of course you can keep it simple and just plan for the two of yall or invite friends and make it a couples night. I recommend playing a table talk game like who knows there spouse better or for couples like my friend group guessing who spouse said what. Do whatever is the most fitting for yall but whatever you do just connect.
I hope you enjoyed this blog and if you are looking to shift your dating life or current relationship(s) please feel free to book an alignment call. Let me see how I can help you!
As Always Readers,
Your Sista on the Sofa,