Hey Readers, I am back with one of my favorite contents to write. Can yall guess what it is, lol well I’m sure yall know by reading the title…. Date night ideas!
I have an appreciation for all the seasons, but it is something about spring time that makes me feel so alive. I feel like the restoration of the flowers, and leaves on the trees is symbolic to restoring and reving our relationship with our significant other.
You don’t have to be in a bad spot in your marriage to be reading this blog, if you don’t remember anything else about me know that I am big on preventive care.
So what if I told you date nights are one key to making it last forever? Couples who manage to devote time specifically to one another at least once a week are markedly more likely to enjoy high-quality relationships and lower divorce rates, compared to couples who do not devote as much couple time to one another, according to “The Date Night Opportunity” report from the National Marriage .
Here are a few spring date night ideas for you to enjoy.
- First up, I have to give a big shout out to my city Dallas. Errol Spence had a fight last night but what I loved the most is how many couples went to see the fight together. So my first date night idea is to look for sporting opportunities in your city and go enjoy it together. Oftentimes I think women will be surprised how fun events like that can be. So ladies, here’s your opportunity to be casual cute (heels are not required unless you want to spice things up) but definitely represent and make your man proud. And Fellas yall do the same, get the fresh fade, line up, put on a nice scent, get those beard treatments and show up for your lady as well.
- It is also music festival season. So make sure to look for opportunities of your favorite artist coming into town or in a nearby city and go see them.
- Movie nights at the park. Remember the movie “ The Wedding Singer”, did you know that other cities host their own rendition of movie nights in the park. I think the concept is super romantic and not “your average date night”. And if you are a homeowner don’t be afraid to host your own backyard movie night.
- I love group dates. So my next idea is to host a bbq and invite friends over to enjoy games, music, good food and laughs. Where I live, there is an outdoor kitchen downstairs and when I say people get together every night out there. I love to see it, community is so important especially when fostering healthy connections. So put on your hostess hat and get to it!
- Tis the season to perfect patio or rooftop weather. I live for any opportunity to dress up and enjoy a nice cocktail, with great views and a cool breeze. So search nice rooftop restaurants in your area try even searching social media like tik tok or instagram (for more real time recommendations). You will be surprised what you find. To add to the date be sure to grab some intimacy deck cards to connect with your spouse on a deeper level.
- Go rollerblading in the park, again you will be surprised at so much fun you have doing something you probably hadn’t done in years and just enjoying the simple moments together.
- It is definitely picnic season and fellas, this date is something that women love. So I am going to challenge you to be the one to set it up. Buy or make some simple picnic food and go enjoy some quiet time at a nice park in your city. If you are with someone who enjoys nature, this date is guaranteed to be a hit.
- Go to a local farmer’s market, search for ingredients to make a new dish together. A fun way to spend a chill Saturday afternoon together.
- Another simple but cute date is getting ice cream together. Try to find a place that has outside sitting so you can enjoy your dessert with some nice weather and chill conversations.
- Full disclaimer I am an active woman and I love nature so my final date idea is taking a paddle boat on the lake and enjoying a lake day. If water isn’t your thing, you can even enjoy a day just sitting by the lake with some chairs or a blanket. This is another great opportunity to have conversations that will bring you closer together. So talk about your goals, or your vision of marriage, update your couples bucket list or just share how your spouse has added so much value to your life over the years.
Are you ready to divorce proof your marriage and attract or keep your forever plus one? If you answered yes to any of those questions, book a chemistry consultation. Let’s see how I can serve you and your relational needs!
Your Sista on the Sofa,